Re: i [IP] Insulin Carb Ratio

Wayne is right.  But, to further complicate matters, your body's response to
eating a mostly protein diet will depend on a few things.  For example, if you
have had enough carbs in the day already, then when your body gets a mostly
protein meal, it doesn't really need to convert the protein into glucose, etc.

Also, the TYPES of protein can play a slight factor.  Certain proteins don't
breakdown as easily as others.  Some proteins, too, actually can break down
into the amino acid arginine, which is known to stimulate glucagon production,
depending on the amount.

 If you eat carbs at some point AFTER you eat protein, then, again, the body may
not need to break down the protein into carbs.

This is certainly one of those YMMV things because there are so many factors.

But, I find, like Wayne, that if I eat an exclusively protein meal, I tend to
see little rise in BGLs. But, that is conditional...but if I eat a LOT of
protein, then I will see a rise several hours later.