From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf Of Don Stevens
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2003 8:01 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] Insulin Carb Ratio

Interesting evening!
6:55 pm For supper had chickem & rice, biscuit, salad, cookie wafers. 81
carbs.   Undercounted carbs by 20-25 and at 1/15 took 5.5u novolog.
7:56pm - felt a 'little' strange!  glucose  36 mg/dl       few minutes
later passed out.
about 8:10-15pm Paramedics arrived and started glucose IV,  their
glucose meter showed 23 mg/dl.

By 9pm glucose up to 87 mg/dl,  10:14pm , up to 153 mg/dl

Something sure did not work like I expected:)

Think I'll forget this 'carb counting' and just  bolus on anything over