RE: [IP] Musings on IV-Prep

Hi Bob,

I've used IV Prep for every site change for the almost 2 years that I've been
pumping.  I live in Arizona where we recently had two weeks of over 115
degrees.  I swim regularly in the summer, I work out nearly every day, I've
never used betadyne (just the IV Prep), I don't use any tape at all, and I've
only had one instance where a site didn't stay with IV Prep (and it wasn't
yanked out because of my own carelessness).

It was during a three hour drive to Yuma and my air conditioning broke about
an hour in.  So I did get kinda hot and sweaty and my site was in my thigh.  I
was wearing loose, baggy pants, and I think the sweat did interact with the
site and I wasn't wearing lycra workout clothes to hold it in place until I
dried off.

Because of that incident (didn't realize the site had come out until during
the ride home when I felt like throwing up, pulled over, did a blood sugar and
had to take insulin the old fashioned way), I now use that I 3000 tape
whenever I think I might have a particularly challenging environment for my
site or whenever I've got a particularly important event that I don't want to
have to take time out from to change my site.

So I'm rather fond of IV Prep.

Oh, and as far as the supercharger is concerned, that's a sickness that I
personally enjoy having...

diabetic 22 years and my 3 car garage will never be able to hold them all...