Re: [IP] Musings on IV-Prep/ soaps

In a message dated 8/5/2003 1:10:51 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Anyone have any brand names of "hard" soaps?  I use Ivory.

At the CWD conference, one of the speakers recommended using Liquid Dial soap
to clean the site prior to inserting the infusion set.  I think it "strips"
away the oils that your skin has, making the tape stick better.  (she
 recommended using that bottle of liquid soap for your site preparation only,
 sharing the bottle with the rest of the house). Cross contamination? Also said
Tincture of Benzoin is good for getting tape to stick.

The sites I use most are my legs.  If I am out gardening and use a tummy
 site, the tape just about falls off, because I sweat so much. I use IV prep and
sandwich IV3000 btwn the infusion set.  Haven't tried the Dial or Mastisol yet.

Julie   (please save your cancelled postage stamps.  Leave a 1/4-1/2 inch
           border around the stamps and mail them to:
           Mr Maynard Guss    9593 NW 26th Place  Sunrise, FL  33322.
           Please indicate these stamps are for ASAP.
          This is an on-going fund-raiser for an organization called ASAP.
  <A HREF="www.asap4sm.org">www.asap.org</A> My daughter has Chiari, a rare
brain disorder)