[IP] Musings on IV-Prep

Greetings all,
  All the hot, humid weather here in Richmond, VA has given me cause to
gather a little empirical data on the effectiveness of IV-Prep in
keeping infusion sites stuck to my body.  I normally don't use the
stuff, but on this particular day I knew I was going to be doing a lot
of work out in the yard so I thought I would give some a try.  So, after
my shower I painted a big swath on my side, let it dry and jabbed in a
new site (Disetronic UltraFlex-II, 8mm) and headed out the door.
   After about five hours of sweaty, yet unsatisfying work, I went
inside for a shower and noticed that the site had just about peeled
completely off!  I remember thinking to myself, "Boy, I'm glad I used
that IV-Prep."  I put on a new site, with IV-Prep,  and by the time I
got back from work the next day I noticed that the site was starting to
peel  around the edges.  After three days, it definitely needed to be
changed because it was almst ready to fall off again.
  Last weekend my project was to install a supercharger on my car (don't
ask, it's a sickness worse than diabetes... ), so I decided to skip the
IV-Prep to see what would happen.  Well, after two days of sweaty, yet
very satisfying work, the site was still stuck tight.  Interesting. . .
   My un-scientific hypothesis is that the IV-Prep leaves a residue on
the skin that the site sticks to.  When you sweat, it dissolves the
residue, and with it the site's bond.    FYI, my normal site change
procedure goes like this:  shower, shave site area, clean with alcohol &
let dry, paint a betadyne "bullseye" where I want the needle to go & let
dry, stick in the site.
   Well, thanks for the attention.

Bob, pumping Novolog with my now banned D-tron+