Re:[IP] Going to call MM about Paradigm #8

> Eighth pump is making "grindy-click" noise.. took me several weeks to call
> MM about it, but they are sending me yet "another" refurbished one.  I've
> had this one since the middle of March, and it's arguably the "longest"
> kept a single paradigm.

Sarah,  next time ask to talk to a Supervisor.    We reached
a point where we were on a first name basis with FOUR
supervisors.     Of the 17 Paradigms we had in 5 1/2 months
1/3 of them were "New"  as we got tired of accepting refurbished
ones.      We did reach a point however where they refused to
send out any more new ones, just refurbs.

They were unable to ever find the reason why the pumps would
fail on my son.     Errors/Alarms we saw on our end often couldnt
be duplicated back at MM.      We went through SO MANY
batteries we should have gotten stock in Energizer!

We finally reached a point where even MM suggested we try
a pump from another company and they even offered to
assist us in getting insurance approval.     Apparently the
Paradigm isn't for everyone.     Although it was cooler looking
than our Animas we have now  :)

Barbara A. Petzoldt - Pump Mama to Zachary (13 1/2,  Dx 2/93, 508 2/02,
Paradigm  8/16/02,  and now ANIMAS IR1000  3/18/03 ) --------and MaMa to
Jennifer (turning 21 this summer), Allison (18), Rachel (7)
Fenton, MO