[IP] Dual Wave

My son, Mich, 11, is using the Paradigm from Minimed.  Can someone please
explain to me how the dual wave works.  I have read it all and still don't
understand one major point.

How is it if his numbers are fine 2 hours after using a regular bolus and
then changing to using the dual wave with the same amount of insulin over a
2 hour period to fix his 4 hour numbers how will the 2 hour numbers still be

Needing a dual wave, would the numbers at the 2 hour mark not be low rather
than fine?

Okay, did I make any sense with that question?  We are having a lot of
trouble with a few meals.  Never had the problem on MDI.  But we were also
using R for supper.

Also has anyone else found that specific foods do not work with the insulin
to carb ratio?  Bread and a few others reck havoc with Mich's numbers.  I
was thinking of giving him 50% more insulin for these foods.