Re: [IP] heat and humalog

Anne wrote, in part:
>>>I had a mostly-empty vial in my purse at a theme park,
and it was HOT.  What was in the pump seemed OK, but the next time I
re-filled the pump, my blood sugar quickly rose to 275. >>>

I guess the question is: Are you *sure* it was the insulin's fault? Could
there have been an undetected bubble? Since you were sooo tired could you
have skipped the *prime the 0.5u inside you part*? Several things could come
to mind. Having experienced several 400+ BGs after a site change and never
once trashing a vial of Humalog, perhaps there were several other factors
involved and it was not the insulin's fault. *I* would not have panicked at
a 275 BG. Did a bolus bring it down? (~_^)

Useless fact: If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and six days,  you would
have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.