Re: [IP] heat and humalog

But I have NEVER had degredation of Novolog due to
heat.

I think I did.  I had a mostly-empty vial in my purse at a theme park,
and it was HOT.  What was in the pump seemed OK, but the next time I
re-filled the pump, my blood sugar quickly rose to 275.  I was sleepy, so
I trashed the vial and opened a new one.  The next morning my blood sugar
level was fine.  I did prime out all of the "old" Novolog.  This is why I
get 2 vials a month, just in case.  Also, I either got a bad vial of
Humalog once, or something.  It had been through an airport x-ray (can
you tell it was before I joined IP?) AND the hotel maids left our room
COLD.  The Humalog was in a drawer and it felt cold.  My make-up in the
bottles was cold.  I don't know if it was the x-ray or the changes in the
temperature or if it wasn't stored properly before I bought it.

Does anyone else look around and think, "It's an absolute miracle that
I'm alive."?

It's an absolute miracle that I'm alive,

Anita