Re:[IP] heat and humalog

On Sun, 3 Aug 2003 19:23:54 -0700 "Pam Basinger" <email @ redacted>
 >>>I live near Palm Springs CA. Even though I'm in air conditioning at
80 degrees
most of the time the humalog in my pump lasts less than 48 hours before
drastically loosing potency. I'm going to have to replace insulin every
morning and that's a drag. Any ideas?
Thanks to you guys though for your info re. reusing the site, tubing and
reservoir. That is helping me a lot.<<<

I live in Phoenix AZ, so the heat here is comparable to Palm Springs. I
use a MM508 and fill the reservoir with 300 units of Humalog, which
lasts me for 7 days. I have been pumping for 8 years (almost 7 years on
Humalog) and have never had a problem with  potency. I wear the pump
clipped to the waistline of my trousers, shorts, or bicycle shorts. The
temperature on the digital thermometer in my (air conditioned) house is
usually 79 or 80 F.

Could there be something in your body chemistry that hastens the loss
of potency? I've never heard of such a thing, but since I thought of it
I figure I should ask, just in case.

Tom Beatson
dx 12/1942, 506 1995, 508 2000