Re: [IP] Study: Do breastfeed babies have lower risk of Type 1??

At 11:16 PM 8/2/03, Sonya wrote:
> > So, just out of curiosity, how many of the Type 1's on this list were
>breastfeed, for how long, and how many were not?   I was not, and was dx at
>age 4.
> >
> > -sonya

I was breastfed, so was my sister and my other 4 siblings.  My sister was
diagnosed Type 1 in 1962 at age 4, I was diagnosed in 1963 at age 11.  My
daughter is now 25 with no signs of diabetes at this time and she was also
breastfed for 6 months, which is the longest I could stretch it out in 1978
when we didn't have glucose meters and such to keep track of bgs.  I had a
rough time with bgs while breastfeeding, but managed to struggle through it
for those first 6 months of her life.  It was very important to me.

dxd 1963
pumping 2000