Re: [IP] Study: Do breastfeed babies have lower risk of Type I??

I was a breastfed baby...diagnosed Type I in 1957 - aged 6 1/2 years.

Aliie...my youngest son...now 29 years of age was NOT
breastfed...suffered terrible ear infections as a toddler and as of
today...does NOT have either Type I or Type II diabetes.

My eldest son...now  32 years of age was not breastfed due to the Dr.
believing my insulin injections would deliver insulin via breast milk.
He was diagnosed Type I at age 17.

Both my sons were small babies at 6 lbs 10 ounces and 6 lbs 14
ounces...while I took a single injection daily of NPH way back then.
My how times have changed!

Becky LaSpina
MM507C since 12/98