RE: [IP] Disetronic/FDA matter

--- On Sat 08/02, Faith < email @ redacted > wrote:

From: Faith [mailto: email @ redacted]
Subject: RE: [IP] Disetronic/FDA matter

I don't think this is true.
They don't have to comply to FDA regs for the rest of the world and they
are building a plant in the USA that will conform to FDA regs and sell
them to us here in the USA.
At least it does to me. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion .Faith

 As far as following FDA regsif they want to sell anything over here, they do
have to follow FDA regs. We ARENT the rest of the world. We have standards they
dont and yes, they may seem stupid but they have saved peoples lives. Let me
tell you a story that you may be a bit too young to remember. Its about a drug
that seemed to be the answer to young mothers prayers. It helped with the
nausea and vomiting during the very early months of pregnancy. And the research
was very promising on it. So without its normal careful paperwork and phase
studies, the USA along with England and Canada approved the use of the drug. It
started being used in Europe in 1956 but by 1961 when it was being sold under 51
brand names, they found that it was causing malformations in at least 10,000
infants worldwide. In 7 out of 17 cases of infant deformation in the US, the
drug was purchased in another country. The drug? Thalidomide. Had the FDA gone
thru its normal three phase clinical study an
  d PAPERwork process, the children here in the US probably have been spared.
And maybe even those in other countries. Until we got to Rezulin just this last
decade did the FDA ever get in a hurry again. To verify the truth about this old
drug: http://www.aap.org/visit/thal01.htm and
 All I know is that when it comes to anything regarding my health, I want the
FDA to be as picky as possible and even if it is in the paperwork dept, so be
it, it just may save my life. And yes, that's my opinion. Liz

Express Yourself - Share Your Mood in Emails!
Visit www.SmileyCentral.com - the happiest place on the Web.