Re: [IP] Study: Do breastfeed babies have lower risk of Type 1??

> So, just out of curiosity, how many of the Type 1's on this list were
breastfeed, for how long, and how many were not?   I was not, and was dx at
age 4.
> -sonya

I breastfed my daughter Caitlyn for the first 5 months of her life... she
developed Type 1 when she was 20 months old...  I didn't breastfeed her as
long as I would have liked, but she breastfed longer than my son did
(non-dm) that has diabetes on both sides of the family (Caitlyn has a
different dad).  Diabetes seems way unpredictable in my experience.  My
mother was recently diagnosed with type 2... I frequently find myself
scratching my head at this disease..

Carrie, mom to Caitlyn, 8 1/2, pumping for 3+ years