Subject: Re: [IP] Study: Do breastfeed babies have lower risk of Type 1??

I think a more interesting question would be how many of us Type 1's have
type 1 parents (and/or kids) and were we(they if it's our kids) breastfed or
formula fed as babies?
I'm Type 1, my lineage is unknown-I was a big baby  11.5 lbs, I was formula
fed, curious to see if Alex (our little guy due in October) has the gene
(which they test for at birth- if he doesn't have it (I think it's a trisomy
on #6-I may be mistaken) then we aren't in the study...If he does then we
breastfeed as long as we are able- and we will be supplementing with the
study's formula if need me (and they provide the formula)

strange question to pose to a web site, whos target audience are diabetics,
or parents of..... with a good percentage type 1's ;-)