Re: [IP] Disetronic/FDA matter

On 2 Aug 2003 at 15:37, R. Kersting <email @ redacted> wrote:

>  >>> I'm finding that filling the reservoir on my current pump to be >
> cumbersome because I don't have the strength nor as fine motor skills as I >
> once had. I would hate to use the cartridge once and throw away all that >
> good insulin.>>>

> > There are lots and lots of us on MM pumps with 300u reservoirs and don't >
> throw any of it away. I use 26-33u a day. > > Jan (64 y/o, dx'd T-1 11/5/50,
> pmpg 8/23/83) & Bluda Sue (MM507C 3/99)

> Jan, how much do you fill your reservoir up with? and how often do you
> change your site?
> I find I put in enough that it's 2 marks below 2mL usually end up
> going about 3-4 days on that. I usually use about 30-35u a day .. 40u
> if i'm really bad.
> Reisa

 I fill my reservoir with 300 units, change my sites every 2 or 3 days, use from
32 to 50 units
 daily and go from 6 to 9 days on a reservoir. There is absolutely no reason to
put less
 than 300 units in a reservoir (that is unless you want Minimed stock prices
going up)!

(sitting in a relatively cool Dallas at 970)