Re: [IP] Disetronic/FDA matter

At 10:27 AM -0400 8/2/03, email @ redacted wrote:
>Now, my HMO plan got costly, so I chose a high-deductible plan which does NOT
>cover Rx's for Durable Med Equipment under the co-pays. So...guess who's
>chasing down discount infusion sets? Right...!!
>But, I'm not giving up on Disetronic one bit.

I've always found Disetronic to have the lower prices among pump
manufacturers.  Minimed seems to have the highest prices until you go
to the third party suppliers.  Fifty-50 Pharmacy
(http://www.fifty50pharmacy.com) has about the lowest prices online
AND at least half the profit is going back into funds for research.
Their prices on the Chronimed are even lower than the Disetronic
prices.  A caveat here though, your insurance may not accept them as
an approved vendor.   SpectRx is coming out with standard leur lock
sets soon and they WILL BE lower priced.  So expect lowering prices
on all supplies, except if you are on the Paradigm system.