[IP] RE: insulin-pumpers-digest V7 #431

This is my first post. My Paradigm 512 arrived at my office today along
with the rest of the paraphernalia. I have an appointment in 3 weeks
with the doc's office to learn to use it.

Ironically I have wanted this for a long time and now that I have it I
am slightly nervous about the "insertion". I take 5 needles a day and
never really had much trouble learning to take the needles or fear of
the pain, even when I first started.  Is this any worse than the
needles? Is the unit too complicated for the plus 50 crowd to learn to
use? Will I begin to understand all the vernacular that you use when you
e-mail, post and pump? I definitely want the freedom so any feedback
will be greatly appreciated.

DXD 1998 @ 48, pumping in 3 weeks