[IP] Pet Assistance?

Animal Lovers,

The Animal Channel has wonderful stories of special pets each week.  Just
think of all the service dogs for the blind and  Deaf (grew up in the Deaf
 community with American Sign Language (ASL), db (deaf blind), LDA (Late
Adults, dc deaf children, (CI) cochlear implants, seizures and people with
mobility problems

I don't feel we give any animals enough credit!!!!

On the other hand.  My cat demands that I get up at 6:30 AM each morning
 before the alarm goes off. He probably got conditioned to that by my setting
He also bit through my tubing one time.  Now I am more careful where I have
the extra tubing hanging.  Animals will be animals, so DON'T DEPEND on them to
always tell you about your insulin reactions or highs.  Love them for the good
things they do, and be forgiving when they are naughty.  Sometimes it means
we are doing something wrong, not them.

Margo and Patty, Nope you are not crazy! Several years ago there was a new
documetary (I think that is what you were refering to Margo?) about
pets. There are some dogs that would even tell their person that they were
to have an epileptic seziure, so the person would go lay safely on the
This prevented a potentially dangerous fall in a potentially dangerous
Also discussed were pets that signal their persons (notice I didn't say
owner) that they were high or low and yes, pets that can tell if a person
cancer. Sounds a little far out, but totally true and I totally believe it.
Wish I could find that show. Maybe 60 minutes?

Tina Hudspeth dxd age 28, 1994
On insulin 1996
Pumping 4/10/03 and loving it.