Re: [IP] Disetronic Pump and Problems with FDA

>I rejoined the list after recieving notification that the FDA had problems
>  with the Disetronic pump. And my son could stay on the pump at his own
> risk if
>he would like to do so.  His endo didn't think that was a good idea due to
>his last 2 hba1c being 11+ and 10+.  I know my son would forget to bolus some
>and I know the pump was forever giving battery problems.
>His endo is looking at getting him back on the Paridon (sp) in January if all
>goes well with insurance and etc.
>Just curious how others are dealing with this blow.
>Thanks - Mom2sweetson - taking humalog and 70/30 for now
>I thought for sure the ring would be full of information from other users and
>how they are dealing with this news.

I am on the H-Tron+.  So far, my pumps have been working just fine, my A1cs
have been great.  I'm staying with what I have for now.  With so many new
options coming out these days, I don't want to jump the gun and get
something too soon.  My four years are up in March next year, so I'll
decide what I want to do then.

dxd 1963
pumping 2000