[IP] Batteries and Disetronic

A lovely friend sent me a web site about the Disetronic pump and their woes
with the FDA and yes the letter says it would replace the pump.  But it also
 says that their manufacturing is the same for all pumps. So there is a problem
with the battery casing cracking.  I have had problems with batteries ever
 since he started the pump. We have sent the pump back for repair due to cracked
battery case.  And I have also purchased out of pocket batteries that the
 insurance would not cover due to the batteries should be lasted longer than
were.  The pump would need a new battery if he put it in stop position while
showering or swimming or playing sports.  I had too many night of the beeping
sound waking up to change batteries.
Sorry, but I do not want my son on a pump that doesn't meet the standards.
 This was not an isolated case but a serious problem with all pumps this company
They will get the problem solved and he will be back pumping.  Either on this
pump or another pump.
He is 13 and does need to be reminded of the world of shots.  Everything was
not solved with the pump.
Thanks for listening!
Darlene - Mom2sweetson