[IP] Re: Johnson/humor, Type 1 vs. Type 2

>>>No matter how much you dislike it, the fact is MOST Type 2 diabetics
are overweight which probably contributed to their being diagnosed
with diabetes. >>>

I attend a DM support group and am the only Type 1 who usually shows up. If
another one does, they don't return. BUT, of the 20 or so attendees, I would
say just one is significantly overweight. Also, I know many VERY LARGE
people - I mean verrrrrry large people - who are not DMers. 'Splain, Lucy.

> I'm not making this stuff up.  If you can find any
source that DOES NOT list being overweight as ONE of the risk factors
in acquiring Type 2 diabetes, let me know. >

Risk factor, yes. Guarantee? NO! Same as *perfect* A1c is no guarantee of no
complications. It's the luck of the gene pool.

> I don't know how I offended you or was passing judgments since I was just
stating statistics. >

Sounds like the kidneyologist who threw me out cuz I couldn't take Captopril
and returned to Vasotec. He said, "It helps 95% of the people!!!!"

> And I know that losing weight is not an easy task for most people and
never implied that it was.>

But, are you implying losing weight will *cure* Type 2 after it is
developed? Don't the statistics say that a certain % will NOT get DM if
weight is lost? How do you explain the other % who lose weight and STILL
develop it? Besides, if there are more than one risk factors don't the
others in the list contribute and not JUST weight?

It does sound judgmental implying *follow the rules and such and such
WILL/WILL NOT happen.* No YMMV????

The problem with the gene pool is there is no lifeguard. ~ Steven Wright