[IP] Manicure/Pedicure

Okay, this may be a silly question, but I'll ask anyway ;)

I bite my nails a lot, and I know that I can't give myself a good
pedicure (I've tried--eek!). Do any of you know how often I should get
either? I don't want to get infections or anything, and I don't want
ingrown toenails (from cutting them too short, etc). Once a month?
Less? I take pretty good care of my feet (use a pumice stone, etc) but
probabaly need some professional help...

Any solutions?

Will begin pumping 8.5.03