[IP] Disetronic Pump and Problems with FDA

I rejoined the list after recieving notification that the FDA had problems
 with the Disetronic pump. And my son could stay on the pump at his own risk if
he would like to do so.  His endo didn't think that was a good idea due to his
his last 2 hba1c being 11+ and 10+.  I know my son would forget to bolus some
and I know the pump was forever giving battery problems.
His endo is looking at getting him back on the Paridon (sp) in January if all
goes well with insurance and etc.
Just curious how others are dealing with this blow.
Thanks - Mom2sweetson - taking humalog and 70/30 for now
I thought for sure the ring would be full of information from other users and
how they are dealing with this news.