Cindy, mom to 16 y/o Noah, dx age 9, pumping since 9

  From: Kress Family [mailto: email @ redacted]And I'm not implying
that ALL Type
2's are overweight. My dad is Type 2 and is not overweight at all. But being
overweight and lack of exercise are the biggest factors in developing Type 2.
  Okay, now I am going to put my .02 in...it offends me for people to look at me
and see me as JUST an overweight diabetic and think that ALL I would
have had to
do is lose weight all those years ago. Yes, there are many times when I didn't
eat the way I should but I have been on almost every diet that
existed until the
last 10 years when I finally said NO MORE!! That I was ot going to
abuse my body
by not eating. I can remember going for months on end when I would eat 1000
calories a day and MAYBE lose 10 lbs only to gain that 10 back plus another 10
when I would just go up to eating 1500. I couldn't win for losing. I tried
Weight Watchers, three times. Even the years I spent in the military, I GAINED
weight, exercising 4 times a week. I was discharged because I had finally
exceeded their weight limits...I just could not diet enough of it off. People
who know me know that I eat healtier than most...but it wasn't until
3 years ago
when I read an article in Woman's Day when the
   light when on and I realized that it was NOT my fault...that my genes were
against me. That I had been sabatoged from the very beginning and didn't even
know it. All those diets of cutting out fat were WRONG! I should have been
cutting out carbs...ALL of them except green ones. You see, I have
PCOS and I've
had it all my life and didn't know it. But you can't tell that just by LOOKING
at me. Or any other diabetic.So before making a judgement about someone...think
hard. You wouldn't want them to be making the same judgement about you if it
were you.
  And some of us can't exercise like you think we should....we are
disabled. It's
called an invisible disability...chronic pain from things like neuropathy in my
case which is severe enough to keep me housebound. I can't walk more than 50 ft
without pain. Here is a link that you might want to read before passing more
judgments. http://www.invisibledisabilities.com/ Liz