[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #575

In a message dated 8/31/02 3:46:55 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Hi my name is Tracy Rand I am from Houston, Texas I have been a diabetic for
> 26 years I have been on the minimed 508 for 6 years and I love it. I am 5
> months pregnant and need help and advise on people that have gone through
> pregnancy with the pump I am having problems now in trying to find Sites
> for
> the needle. My bg's have been pretty high lately. I watch what I eat but I
> feel I maybe putting my site in a wrong location. Please if anyone has any
> advise let me know.

I am a type 1 diabetic and have three children. For one of my pregnancies I
was on the pump. You are entering the part of the pregnancy the is the most
difficult for
controlling bgs. I remembering testing and correcting one hr after every
meal. I was also frustrated with finding sites. I used the back upper portion
of my hips on both sides. But having gone through other pregnancies, I knew
that my bgs were susceptible for being on the uprise. you may contact me