[IP] Lows and ice cream

> > Here's the question.     Does anyone ever  have any problems
with going
> low after bolusing correctly for icecream?   Real icecream.
He's gone
> low on two other occassions from icecream,  but I thought maybe
> hadn't finished it or something.     Now I'm starting to think
that the
> normal
> snack bolus we use is wrong for icecream.

I was trying to have real ice cream as a bed time snack and found
I went low (30'3-40's) several times with what should have been a
correct bolus (and also probably missed a few lows during the
night-i.e. nightmares, waking groggy, etc.). My CDE recommended
having the ice cream with dinner instead of bed time snack since
it would be absorbed in combination with other foods. I'll have
cheese and a slice of toast instead. I don't know if it makes a
difference in the advice, but I am pregnant and craving my
calcium fix!

That's horrible you all had to go though that. You parents of
diabetics have what I would consider one of the toughest jobs in
the world.