Re: [IP] Messages

On 8/31/02 6:34 PM, "email @ redacted" <email @ redacted>

> Why is it that the messages are not numbered as they are in other
> groups.  It makes it so much easier looking for a number in the subject
> line than searching though the whole thing for a message.
> All my other groups have numbers allowing one to quickly skim the
> messages and find those one would like to follow-up.
> Thanks,
> Penny

I assume you do not mean this:

But rather you mean:

All messages are assigned a number, but that is of little use until you want
to retrieve a message from the Majordomo.   It is easier to follow threads
of topics as long as people keep their Subjects germane to what they are
writing of.

(those numbers above refer to your original post on this)