Re: [IP] My two and a half cents on the H2O and pumps question

In a message dated 8/31/2002 2:36:54 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:
>     If I am reasoning this out correctly, it seems the IPX8 standard of
> testing for intrusion of water is agreed upon by the manufacturer and
> whoever
> is doing the testing.

You've got that right with the addition that the IPX8 rating standard of
testing determined by the manufacturer for a a given item MUST also exceed
the standard of the IPX7 rating which (I'm pretty sure) is a depth of 1 meter
for 30 minutes . . .

Pumpmama to Katie