[IP] Avocados

Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 18:01:30 -0400
From: Frank Tegethoff <email @ redacted>
Subject: Re: [IP] Carb Info needed

From: http://sarasota.extension.ufl.edu/FCS/FlaFoodFare/Avocado.htm

  Florida avocados are lower in calories and fat than other varieties and
are rich in vitamin A and potassium.  However, avocados are one of the
highest sources of fat (unsaturated) in the fruit and vegetable group.
One-fourth of a Florida avocado (approx.  lb) contains: 85 calories, 6.8
gm fat, 1.3 gm saturated fat, 1,2 fm protein, 6.8 gm carbohydrate, 371
mg potassium 1.6 gm fiber, 465 IU vitamin A.  An interesting nutritional
value comparison of Florida and California avocados showed for 3.5 oz of
each: calories - FL avocado 112 calories, CA avocado 177 calories; fat
grams FL avocado 8.87 gm, CA avocado 17.3 gm. Other nutrients were of
Florida avocados are full of water and very tasteless.  We eat a Haas
Avocado each and every night.  Sometimes I make Avocado soup, ice cream and omelet's whose function is to hold avocado and chills.