[IP] Insurance - life, disablity, etc

I was somewhat taken off guard (and upset) today when I went to apply for short-term disablity insurance when I was told having insulin dependent diabetes is an 'automatic kick out'.  Sometimes, it just hurts to hear the words.  My company only pays for long term disability after a 90 day waiting period, so I am trying to fulfill the first 90 days with income.  Does anyone have any suggestions, other than having a large cash reserve?

Do You Yahoo!?