Re: [IP] Carb Info needed

From: http://sarasota.extension.ufl.edu/FCS/FlaFoodFare/Avocado.htm

  Florida avocados are lower in calories and fat than other varieties and
are rich in vitamin A and potassium.  However, avocados are one of the
highest sources of fat (unsaturated) in the fruit and vegetable group.
One-fourth of a Florida avocado (approx.  lb) contains: 85 calories, 6.8
gm fat, 1.3 gm saturated fat, 1,2 fm protein, 6.8 gm carbohydrate, 371
mg potassium 1.6 gm fiber, 465 IU vitamin A.  An interesting nutritional
value comparison of Florida and California avocados showed for 3.5 oz of
each: calories - FL avocado 112 calories, CA avocado 177 calories; fat
grams FL avocado 8.87 gm, CA avocado 17.3 gm. Other nutrients were of
similar value between the two.
On Friday, August 30, 2002, at 05:44  PM, David Flagg wrote:

> Anybody have carb info for a Florida Avocado (much larger that the
> California type)? I tried calorie King, and it's not listed in there.
> David
Frank W. Tegethoff, Jr.
IDDM since '85, MM507 since '98