[IP] diabetic education class

>>>I now take 25 units of NPH before bed and have no hypos afterwards. Has
anyone had this experience with Lantus and what do they feel causes the

I had a different problem with Lantus...It was that it didnt' last the full
24 hours, and would "wear out" 18-22 hours later...so before supper I'd
skyrocket hi.  then we switched it to a morning Lantus shot...no more before
supper hi's, but instead early, pre-dawn super hi's.  My endo said they were
starting to find this to be common, and so we split the dose, 1/2 in the
a.m. and 1/2 in the p.m. so that it wouldn't ever "wear out" completely..I'd
always have some long acting working.

Needless to say, I really really didn't like the 5 plus injections a
day....It was really one more reason to start pumping for me.

Tavia Rodriguez
Administrative Assistant
Xerox Services of Mountain West
(303) 796-6289