[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #570

I agree with this person wholeheartedly, the FreeStyle meter has been a
"godsend" to me.  Neither my Endo nor my CDE, who are both pumpers themselves
have said anything negative about the FreeStyle or the alternate testing
sites. I have found that I no longer resent, make excuses or "forget" to do
the massive amounts of testing required, since being on the FreeStyle, I don't
mind testing now at all, as odd as it sounds, its almost a pleasure.  I find
the BS's are virtually the same as when I used the finger site method.  (I
have compared both at the same time and I did take the FreeStyle to the Endo
and we compared it with the tests he does, results...... virtually the same),
one thing I do know for sure is the chance of error due to not having enough
blood or by not having the blood "hanging", "suspended" or "domed" correctly
is not a factor with this meter.  I have had my FreeStyle meter for over 2
years and I would not go back to the finger site method for any reason, ever!
For those still concerned, you can test on your fingers with the FreeStyle!

I haven't been on this site for almost 2 months due to an injury and I am
coming in on the tail end of this one, but, in another post on this days IP
something was mentioned about a Black Leather Case already given to someone
else, well If anyone needs one, I have an extra one!  I have a Minimed 507C,
so if it can be used, just email me!