Re: [IP] skin irritation around infusion sets

In a message dated 8/29/02 5:05:58 PM !!!First Boot!!!, email @ redacted

> I use the quicksets and have recently started using Mastisol to keep my
> sites stuck.  Recently, I have been experiencing some itchiness, bumps, and
> redness around and under where my sites were.  I am wondering if I am
> developing an allergy to the Mastisol and what if anything I can do about
> it.  Does anyone else seem to sometimes have rashiness, but sometimes not?
> help!

Katy:  My son has the exact problem with Mastisol.  His endo, however,
corrected it.  He said to use Unisolve over the entire site to get the tape
off, then wipe it down again with the Unisolve once the tape and set are out.
 Then wash it off with soap and water.  It helped my son.  Hope it helps you