Re: [IP] Re: Paradigm - waterproof

In a message dated 8/29/02 12:53:54 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> However, if you must have a pump that can survive eight feet of water for
> an
> entire day, then by all means, choose the Animas. Beverly has been loudly
> proclaiming that her pump can survive those rigorous conditions, while
> MiniMed has only just recently gotten into this particular shouting match.

no Keith, I am simply trying to get things straight....MM says water
resistant..great....not waterproof, ok...I don't have a problem with it..it
IS a good pump....I just am trying to find out why they changed their specs
after FDA approval and I guess no one wants to or has an answer....they just
changed their minds afterwards as to what they were going to
say...ok.......however, Animas states waterproof and you get the same answer
no matter who you speak with in the company....if that is of no interest to
anyone but me...ok...As far as *hands down easier to use* that would be a
personal opinion and I think each should choose what is best for them......my
only other issue is when folks make statements like all pumps are water
resistant...not true...or Paradigm is water proof...not according to MM, they
have made no such claims.....as to my daughter being a fish...yep, she has
gills......there are alot of people looking to start pumping and they will be
looking at opinions and facts (I hope :-))...and facts should be stated
correctly.....yes. I make my friends nuts too.....
now ten!