RE: [IP] Back up Plans

> Backup plan.
> We had a pump failure, on a weekend and were looking at waiting till
> Tuesday morning for the replacement pump,

had the same problem a few years back on a three day weekend. Lily
shot regular every 4-5 yours into the infusion port of the cannula
to cover her basals and did her food boluses with a syringe in the
same manner for food. Her bg's were just as good as when she was on
the pump. She did not change her non-schedule or what,when she ate.
The only downside was the necessary wake up in the middle of the
night for the basal dose. We timed the evening and morning basal
doses to coincide with her sleep pattern. It's not a big deal to do
this and it worked very well for us.