Re: [IP] Re: Paradigm - waterproof

Seriously...take 80 units humalog before each meal and 75 units of
lantus at bedtime.  Previously took 110 units of humalog 75/25/mix
before breakfast and supper,, and 35 units of lantus at bedtime.  A lot
of insulin.  I eat more than I should, but not as much as you might
think.
Bob Hillier

>>> email @ redacted 9:40:14 AM 8/29/02 >>>

If you seriously take over 300 units a day, you will be changing the
resivor by lunch time, I hope you mean 30 units. Can't speak for Animas

but the Paradigm is great. Swim with it all the time, had it covered in

sand once, it definitely takes a licking and keeps on ticking. I'm sure

the Animas and the Paradigm are about the same, but I think the Animas

pump has a larger resivor.

Michael

Bob Hillier wrote:

>I am researching which pump to go on.  I was thinking of the MM
>paradigm, but I take over 300 units per day.  Also, I swim regularly,
so
>I want the pump to be waterproof.  Is the Animas pump a better
choice,
>or is the paradigm so much better than the rest, that filling the
>reservoir more often would be worth the trouble?  Help!
>Bob Hillier 54 and on insulin 8 years.

>Insulin Pumpers is made possible by contributions from forum
>members and supporters in industry.  Your tax deductible donation
>of $1.00 or $2.00 per month is needed so that Insulin Pumpers can
>continue to serve you and diabetes community. Please visit:

>In a message dated 8/28/02 7:17:45 PM Central Daylight Time,
>email @ redacted writes:
>

>>certified and
>>

>certified by whom?
>Beverly
>Beverly, Mom to Mary, NINE!!, dx'd 9/97, pumping with Animas and
Nick,
href="http://www.parsonwhitestudios.com/http://www.parsonwhitestudios.com/http://www.parsonwhitestudios.com/http://www.parsonwhitestudios.com/</A>