[IP] would you like a cure?

I have just tried to see whether or not this is against the rules, but
couldn't find the "rules" anywhere readily accessible. I'm sure if it's a
boo-boo, there are at least 50 people who will let me know.

Anyway, there has been an on-line fund-a-thon for JDRF going on for a few
months. It is about to end. As Michael has found, it is hard to raise money,
even for the best of causes. And what could be better than research towards
a cure?

I started a team in honor of my son, and by badgering my friends
mercilessly, and posting on a few totally non-diabetes lists, I have managed
to get my team in second place (well, first off and on, but second now) Of
course, I would like my team to come in first, but more importantly, I am
really upset that with well over 100 teams, a little more than 3 months, and
a donation of only $10, the fund-a-thon is still short of its goal of
$50,000. We're talking the "world-wide-web" here!

Anyway, the site of this fund-raiser, which is totally approved by JDRF, is
If you can afford a $10 donation, please consider going there and helping
out in the next 24 hours. If you want to donate to my team, the name of the
team is "Brendan's Cure". Or, maybe you know another person with a team.

The thing is, our pumps are great, and certainly a blessing, but someday I
would like to see prevention, and even a CURE, so that pumps will gradually
become a thing of the past. Sure, it's in the future, but the longest
journey begins with a single step, and unless we help on the journey, a cure
will never arrive.

I want you all to be FREE of insulin one day.