[IP] Re: diabetic education class

My experience with Lantus is that it DOES have a peak within the first 5
hours, although I found it much less dramatic than NPH.  My endo also said
they were finding it peaked with other patients as well.  As a result, I was
forced to cut my dosage of Lantus to avoid hypos first thing in the morning,
but I also found that "solution" did not provide sufficient coverage later in
the day.  Also, in my experience, Lantus did not offer 24-hour coverage
advertised, and basically its coverage ended at about 18 hours, so I had to
make up for it with extra Humalog at dinner, making it difficult to find the
correct carb ratios with dinner.  Lantus may offer great improvements over
Ultralente and NPH, but its not perfect, and does not provide the type of
variable coverage that a pump can.  Just my experience with Lantus, YMMV.

Dx'd T1 9/76 at age 7, pumping with Animas since 6/02