[IP] ant and the contact lens

This is a wonderful story and it's true!

A true story by Josh and Karen Zarandona

 Brenda was a young woman who was invited to go rock climbing. Although she
was very scared, she went with her group to a tremendous granite cliff. In
spite of her fear, she put on the gear, took a hold on the rope, and started
up the face of that rock.

Well, she got to a ledge where she could  take a breather. As she was
hanging on there, the safety rope snapped against Brenda's eye and
knocked out her contact lens.

Well, here she is, on a rock ledge, with hundreds of feet below her and
hundreds of feet above her. Of course, she looked and looked and looked,
hoping it had landed on the ledge, but it just wasn't there.
Here she was, far from home, her sight now blurry. She was desperate and
began to get upset, so she prayed to the Lord to help her to find it.
When she got to the top, a friend examined her eye and her clothing for the
lens, but there was no contact lens to be found. She sat down,
despondent, with the rest of the party, waiting for the rest of them to make
it up the face of the cliff.

She looked out across range after range of mountains, thinking of that verse
that says, "The eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the
whole earth." She thought, "Lord, You can see all these mountains. You know
every stone and leaf, and You know exactly where my contact
lens is. Please help me."

Finally, they walked down the trail to the bottom. At the bottom there was a
new party of climbers just starting up the face of the cliff.
One of them shouted out, "Hey, you guys! Anybody lose a contact lens?"

Well, that would be startling enough, but you know why the climber saw it?
An ant was moving slowly across the face of the rock, carrying
it on it's back.

Brenda told me that her father is a cartoonist. When she told him the
incredible story of the ant, the prayer, and the contact lens, he
drew a picture of an ant lugging that contact lens with the words, "Lord, I
don't know why You want me to carry this thing.  I can't eat it, and it's
awfully heavy.  But if this is what You want me to do, I'll carry it for
I think it would probably do some of us good to occasionally say, "God, I
don't know why you want me to carry this load. I can see no good in it and
it's awfully heavy.  But, if you want me to carry it, I will."
God doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called. Yes, I do love GOD.
He is my source of existence and my savior. He keeps me functioning
each and every day.  Without Him, I am nothing, but with Him...I can do all
things through Christ which strengthens me.  (Phil.  4:13)