Re: [IP] Back up Plans

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Swaithes" <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2002 10:45 PM
Subject: RE: [IP] Back up Plans

> Backup plan.
> 1) Call Animas to get a new pump overnighted
> 2) Call territory manager to get loaner while we wait for new pump
> 3) Call CDE to get loaner while we wait for new pump
> 4) Inject Humalog if without a pump for more than an hour
> 5) Start on NPH if more than 6 hours without a pump
> We had a pump failure, on a weekend and were looking at waiting till
> morning for the replacement pump, so we did #2 and #3 at the same time and
> never had to think about #4, because we had the loaner within the hour.
> Maybe we are just lucky in Dallas, because I couldn't imagine a CDE or
> territory manager doing any more or trying any harder to take care of
> customers than Donneta and Chris do. They have set the bar extremely high.
> Mike

Scott's Animas pump failed on a Thursday afternoon here in Northern
Virginia.  Our rep (who was in Maryland at the time) had a replacement pump
to us in 1 hour and 15 minutes.  Considering the traffic in the D.C.
metropolitan area on a weekday afternoon, this is nothing short of
remarkable.  He got my message and immediately headed for our house.