Thanks so much to everyone who responded to my email about 508 problems.  If
only Minimed had you on staff!  The suggestions to contact the sales rep.
were particularly helpful and that will definitely be my course of action
next time this happens.  (Unfortunately this is the second time in two years
I've had to return my pump to Minimed...the last time it wasn't recording my
boluses but I didn't have to disconnect until the new pump arrived).  Happily
the replacement has arrived and I've been able to sleep through the night

The experience has certainly made me appreciate the precious gains I have
made with this little device!  (When I was diagnosed at two we didn't even
have home blood glucose testing!)

You are a wonderful group of people and I'm very thankful for your ideas!