[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #568

In a message dated 8/28/2002 3:15:39 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> [IP] Back up Plans &  Mini Med 508 problems

My daughter's  pump had an alarm at 9pm and needed to go back to the company
to be checked.  I was totally decompensated (my other child was extremely
ill) and the Animas rep. drove over from her home, an hour away, that night
to get my daughter up and running again.  I have never dealt with nicer
people at any business.
My daughter took a pump vacation this summer and went on Lantus insulin, with
novolog injections when she ate and to correct any highs.  This was a pretty
easy switch from the pump and it is now our back up plan.

Molly Walsh