[IP] Can anyone else do this?

The door was closed and I was rocking (just pushed the exposed end to the
side) the reservoir in its normal state.  This produced a bolus or lets say
a spurt in the basal.  I think that over time it will all even out.  And
that the occasions that it will occur are rare.  However, this could be
another excuse (reason) that BGs are sometimes odd.
Like, when Emily does a couple of gymnastic movements in the living room and
then shows up low.  There wasn't enough exercise to do it.  An early 0.8U
could account for it.
And, with all respect, I didn't ask if you believed it.  I ask if you could
do it.  I would not have believed it, either.
>>>Well, yes.  Manipulating a reservoir in an open chamber will produce
interesting results.  However the important thing here, I believe, is
that we do not operate our pumps in this manner.  Once the reservoir is
in my 507, the door is closed, the clip is on, and it's into it's well
worn leather case.  Once it's 'locked up' like this I do not believe
that there is any discernible flexing that could produce the effect you
describe.  When my 507 has finished it's 5 unit prime, and I see insulin
dripping, I hook up.   I wouldn't worry over this, unless your daughter
is in the habit of performing pump 'tricks' for her friends, if so a
little re-education may be in order.

Frank W. Tegethoff, Jr.
IDDM since '85, MM507 since '98

Curtis Lomax