Re: [IP] Can anyone else do this?

On Tuesday, August 27, 2002, at 07:07  PM, Curtis Lomax wrote:
> It looks like this would deliver between 0.8 and 1.4U and then nothing
> until
> the void was filled.
> Can anyone else reproduce this effect?

Well, yes.  Manipulating a reservoir in an open chamber will produce
interesting results.  However the important thing here, I believe, is
that we do not operate our pumps in this manner.  Once the reservoir is
in my 507, the door is closed, the clip is on, and it's into it's well
worn leather case.  Once it's 'locked up' like this I do not believe
that there is any discernible flexing that could produce the effect you
describe.  When my 507 has finished it's 5 unit prime, and I see insulin
dripping, I hook up.   I wouldn't worry over this, unless your daughter
is in the habit of performing pump 'tricks' for her friends, if so a
little re-education may be in order.

Frank W. Tegethoff, Jr.
IDDM since '85, MM507 since '98