Re: [IP] Mini Med 508 problems

In a message dated 8/27/2002 3:45:39 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< When Mini Med called I was told there was a problem with the pump.  They
arranged to send me a replacement - a refurbished 508.  I had to choose
between keeping the refurbished pump, as an exchange, or keeping it as loaner
until my 508 is fixed.
 Question for the list...
 - anyone else had this problem with the 508?
 - should I accept a refurbished pump as a loaner or as an exchange?
    I also had this problem with my 508, & when I called MiniMed (at 06:00)
about this, I had no problem getting through right away. I was told that it
was a software problem, & was given the same option, I chose to keep the
"refurbished" pump. The guy at MiniMed said that this is what most people
choose to do.
    Jan G.