[IP] Mini Med 508 problems

I've had my Min Med 508 since October, 2000.  Yesterday, when I  tried to prime it I couldn't.  Press sel, press act - okay.  Scroll to set prime rate and the screen became a mess of 8s with some letters, etc.

Numerous reattempts.  No luck.  Other features inconsistently showing the same mess.

Called Mini Med.  No one available to help immediately (on hold for 25 minutes).  Had to go to a meeting so I arranged a time for tech Support to call me back.

Two hours later, on returning from my meeting, I was successful in getting the prime function to work.

When Mini Med called I was told there was a problem with the pump.  They arranged to send me a replacement - a refurbished 508.  I had to choose between keeping the refurbished pump, as an exchange, or keeping it as loaner until my 508 is fixed.

Question for the list...
- anyone else had this problem with the 508?
- should I accept a refurbished pump as a loaner or as an exchange?

Thanks for your info and advice.