Re: [IP] Question about an 81mg per day Aspirin regimen

At 02:00 PM 8/23/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>     I asked the nurse who gave me the results from my doctor to ask the
> doctor
>if I should continue on the Aspirin regimen he started me on a couple of weeks
>ago since I don't have any problems with blockages. Of course she had to wait
>and ask the doctor then call me back. When she called me back she told me that
>the doctor said to continue with the aspirin regimen. However, there wasn't an
>explanation as to why. I'll have to wait until September's appointment to find
>out why. Does anyone else take the Aspirin even though there apparently isn't
>anything wrong with their heart?

An aspirin a day has been shown to reduce the risk of heart disease
(attack) in all adults.

Anyone with any risk factors, not just history, for heart disease is likely
to be told to take an aspirin daily by their physician. Diabetes,
unfortunately, is a big risk factor. So, even without your history, you
would likely be told to take one.

I just turned 37, have a resting heart rate of 50, and blood pressure of
110/70, and I've been taking an aspirin daily for two years. Right after my
35th birthday, my endo said, "Hey, you're 35. You should start taking an
aspirin daily?"

Irish Music
    Live Shows