[IP] IP Fund Raising in San Jos CA

(Reposted with a better subject line)

If  there are others who live/work in the San Jose CA  area I would be
willing to help organize some sort of fund raising event that we could all
participate in. A car wash or a bake sale, yard sale, book sale etc. a
booth at a wine festival or some other diabetes event.

Has anyone got any ideas for an event?
Isn't November Diabetes month?
Would Nov. be a better month for a diabetes event?

I do not have money, my husband and I are both in high tech and were
affected by the recent layoff craze... but perhaps donating some time
toward a goal could work to raise some money.